Top Menu

Saabism logo
HOME  |  RIDES   |   PRACTICAL   |   SAABS   |   DRAMA   |   MUSIC   |   APPS   |   OTHER   |   WORLD MAP

Saturday, April 2, 2011

My first Saab 9-3 Convertible video

I am driving a lot these days and often have my compact camera with me. When the situation allows, I take a picture and also some videos. So I've tried to complete a Saab video, just for fun and a bit for learning. Here is the result :



The majority is shot in my hometown Bratislava, Slovakia. The highway part is on the incredibly bad highway D1 somewhere between Brno and Prague in Czech Republic. And there is also a short bridge part - this bridge over the Danube river is near Hainburg in Austria, very close to Slovak/Austrian border.

The camera is Panasonic Lumix DMC LX-3, a great camera with 24mm wide Leica lens and F2.0 - 2.8 max aperture. The battery holds for ages. Unfortunately LX3 cannot zoom while shooting a video. The next generation LX5 can.

For fixing the camera in the car I still didn't find an ideal solution. I've tried the GorillaPod on 1-2 places in car, it's OK, but it does not absorb vibrations at all. The product is not built for that. Second try was a Cullmann Suction Pod, which is great but has very limited possibilities to fix in the car. Thanks Eva for lending me for a try !

The video was assembled in Sony Vegas Movie Studio 9, which is a nice piece of software.

As a music fan I couldn't decide for the right track. Than I decided for RJD2 - Reality because it's unique as the Saab itself. RJD2 is mainly a smart alternative hip-hop producer, the drum part is a strange hip-hop pattern but the rest is kind of rock. It's not a chart breaker but not pure underground. I like the track a lot. And it's 3 minutes allowed me not to be boring long.

Hopely you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment