Top Menu

Saabism logo
HOME  |  RIDES   |   PRACTICAL   |   SAABS   |   DRAMA   |   MUSIC   |   APPS   |   OTHER   |   WORLD MAP

Saturday, September 21, 2013

The little things in life making me smile



A new cap for my convertible ! :) End of summer is a very bad timing but I just couldn't resist. I like the "Less is more" in general and it also fits into Saabs philosophy. Also, one has to be very carefull with types of these caps, not to look like an idiot. This one is fine. It made a big smile on my face, it's a nice phrase and it is not everywhere to get.

In this context "Less is more" is a quote of the architect Ludwig Mies van der Rohe describing minimalist design. One of his beautiful creations is Villa Tugendhat in Brno, an UNESCO World Heritage Site. I had the pleasure to see it from the inside for a couple of hours. It's a wonderful piece of architecture, minimalist with many wonderful details. If you come to Brno, don't miss the visit, but plan at least a month ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment