Top Menu

Saabism logo
HOME  |  RIDES   |   PRACTICAL   |   SAABS   |   DRAMA   |   MUSIC   |   APPS   |   OTHER   |   WORLD MAP

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The way to my 9-3 cabrio

My search for new cars had to fulfill hard conditions : 1) used (max. 100kkm and 3-4 years old), 2) somehow trustful reliable, 3) petrol, 4) fun factor, 5) 200hp+, 6) fair price and 7) AUX input for mp3 player. Manual transmission was an advantage. Complicated, yes. A Volvo was a first choice, than I searched for Saab, Subaru and BMW.

I've searched for many many metal beauties. Volvo XC70, XC90, C70, Subaru Forester, BMW 3 and 5. Unfortunately they've all lost. XC70 because of fun factor, XC90 because of the damn problematic optical MOST system and problems with AUX  (even people had to vote for it). At C70 I felt to be betrayed to see a not very nice dashboard from C30/S40/V50 in an expensive cabrio. Forester 2.5XT was extremely hard to find. BMWs are objects of thiefs and a bit ehm ... stupid ?

After a while I remembered how I felt, when we played with my former band at an introduction of 2nd generation of Saab 9-3 Cabrio to the local market. I saw the car and my heart forgot to beat for a while. Than I saw another one in Amsterdam and the feeling was simillar. And I found this :


Saab 9-3 Aero with 2.8 V6 engine with Hirsch chip, 275 HP/400Nm, 6-speed manual transmission, dark interior. Most unknown to the average population. AUX, touchscreen with everything, stylish soft-top, service book and top condition. 43.000 km and 3 years old, fair price. My heart stopped to beat. The picture is original picture from the ad.

It took 3 days to bring it here and another 10 to go through all the bureaucratic crap. After that I was really close to sleep in it in the garage in the first days. Since than I've made 10.000 km in 3 months, half of them outside Slovakia. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment